My love of the ocean often finds its way into the pieces I create, whether it is my jewelry or my paintings.

Being an avid scuba diver and beach bum I find myself using colors inspired by the sea, sand and rich greens of the rain forest. Each of my paintings are as individual in their content as the medium I use to create them...oil, watercolor or pastel.

Precious Metal Clay, sea glass, semi precious stones, found objects, gold filled and silver wire are used in combination to form one of a kind art jewelry.

I make my art pieces as if they were for me. I hope when someone else looks at my work, they find something which is special to them.

As with any of my artistic endeavors, I find it important to have fun with what I am doing and not take myself too seriously.

Enjoy!


Thursday, June 21, 2012

Magical May in Paradise

Well, I had not realized until I finally got back onto this blog exactly how long it had been since I had updated it.  Good grief, you would think I was busy or something.

Since the last post my husband (Bob) and I have been to the Big Island twice...with a wonderful trip in November for Thanksgiving (Thanksgiving on the beach with our friends); and of course the successful Auction for the Holualoa Foundation for Arts and Culture (Donkey Mill Art Center) at the Hualalai Resort.

This past May I went back by myself for a few days which was very relaxing, no bed making, no cooking, just ukulele playing and beach going.  I really lucked out and was there for the Super Moon concert at the Mauna Lani with some wonderful jazz musicians playing old jazz and the biggest moon and highest tide ever.  We had to walk through 3 inches of water just to get to the site of the concert which is right next to the ocean at the Parker cottage.  I was gifted a beautiful lei made of jade flower by an auntie whose birthday it was...she must have given out at least 50 leis, it was the magical start to a wonderful trip!!

I taught a class at the Art Center the day before Mothers day which was great fun with much laughing and productive jewelry making by my students.  It is always fun teaching a workshop at the Donkey Mill, I never know what anyone is going to make and to see the diverse art which everyone produces by the end of the class is inspiring!  Bob joined me for 9 days and we just basically did the same thing I did for the first 5 days when I was there by myself.  Watched sleeping turtles, manta rays feeding, more ukulele playing, sunning, snorkeling, stand up paddle boarding, eating, drinking....oh, you get the picture.  It was great!!!  One of the best trips ever!!!

The following are a few new pieces which are either at Studio Kokomo in Calistoga or Kohala Coast Fine Art on the Big Island.  Enjoy!!

 

Along the Pali – 
2 part Turquoise and turquoise/jasper pendant, 1+1/8 ounce 99.9% pure silver, neckpiece of turquoise beads, sterling silver beads, sterling silver clasp and braided leather.  Measurement of pendant (both parts) 4”x3”- sold

 

 "Stars and Pearls"
5/8 oz 99.9% pure silver Starfish, neckpiece of golden mother of pearl pearls, with faceted citrine spacers, rutilated quartz teardrop bead, sterling silver wire, beads, findings and lobster clasp. sold

No comments: